Monday, February 10, 2014

Finished a 4x6" Notebook

I keep notes all over the place. On my phone, on my computer, in a 4x6 spiral notebook, on random scraps of paper. I carry the 4x6 notebook with me, and it's where I put things that do not have a home in a current project. They're just observations, wordings, things I've heard people say, stuff. The idea is that by writing them down, I'll actually remember them and be able to use them later. Since I just finished filling one notebook up and am moving onto a new one (the old one looks quite beat up in comparison, by the way), I thought I'd share some of the things I've written down in the one I just finished.

Write so well, the reader forgets they are reading! This is the first thing I have written down. It's in big letters and takes up the entire page. Obviously, it isn't something I'm going to use in my writing, but it is something I try to keep in mind. A goal, you might say. I have a few things like this--ideas and reminders about writing itself--that I have written down.

Waterfall made up of puddles going down stairs.

Cookies 'n' Cream snow - To see how I put this to use, read my poem "Spears of Grass."

"I felt like I'd finally entered the twent ... the twent ... what century is this?" -Dr. Spencer (one of my fiction professors)

The need to be treated as an adult by one's parents

My shadow has swag

Clouds forming mountains in the sky, raising the horizon

Just this side of Styx

Fog shampoo

"Skyler." (Pause) "Skyler." (Pause) "Like, Mitch's friend."

Everything is normal, and the weirdos in your dreams will go away if you melt them in your hands.

"I packed myself a sandwich today, and as soon as I had eaten it, I wished I had packed two sandwiches."

No comments:

Post a Comment