Saturday, May 28, 2016

Quote searching

I've decided on a concept for my business cards for a business I am working on creating, called Stories from the Hearth. Through the business, I will be helping people write down their life stories.

With business cards, you want to make them informative, memorable and professional, right? So my idea is to have all my contact information on one side and a quote about life and/or stories on the other.

This post is going to be a list of quotes I'm considering, partially so I can stare at them more and partially so if you have any input, you can give it!

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. -Abraham Lincoln
My life is my message. -Mahatma Gandhi
Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale. -Hans Christian Andersen
Life itself is the proper binge. -Julia Child
Memories are the key not to the past, but to the future. -Corrie Ten Boom
The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It's the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared. -Lois Lowry, The Giver
It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story. -Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind
Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here. - Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees
If history were taught in the form of stories, it would never be forgotten. -Rudyard Kipling
I will tell you something about stories. . . . They aren't just entertainment. Don't be fooled. They are all we have ... -Leslie Marmon Silko

Do you have a favorite quote about life or stories? Post it as a comment! I'd love input!

2 comments:

  1. These are great. I would add: There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. - Maya Angelou

    ReplyDelete