Friday, March 22, 2013

What's Elizabeth Reading? ...Terry Pratchett

That's right.  Two novels, both YA, at the same time.  I'm sure you're starting to realize this is nothing new.  The thing that is new is that I'm trying to read them both in a week, if not in a weekend.  Fall of a Kingdom and Terry Pratchett's The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents.  I can do this.  How much I sleep in my attempts to finish both so quickly (on top of my usual homework and work) is still up for discussion.

The Amazing Maurice has talking animals in it.  Obvious, I know, but I might as well mention that I'm not a huge fan of talking animals in books.  If the animal talks, it better be an anomaly or else all animals better be able to talk.  This is a bit too much like Stuart Little all over again.  Different plot, I know.

The pied piper thing is cute.  The writing seems pretty solid.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment