Friday, February 15, 2013

What's Elizabeth Reading? ...Rebecca Stead

The next book on my YA Lit book list is Rebecca Stead's When You Reach Me.  I'm now 16 pages in, and I'm not really sure if it will be a good book or not.  The writing is good (not exceptional, but good) and the story hasn't really picked up yet, so I can't weigh in on it.  I'm not impressed, but I'm not depressed by it, either.  I guess it all comes down to a "meh" sort of feeling.

But I'm only 16 pages in.  It might get better.

It's won a John Newberry Medal, so that's supposed to be a good sign, right?  I'm hoping so, because I'm slowly learning that the New York Times bestseller thing is a joke.  Hoping I turn out to be wrong about that, too.  Especially if I ever write something that makes that particular list.

No comments:

Post a Comment